Thursday, August 14, 2008

Church Mouse

Last evening I opened our closet at the church to retrieve some Hershey Hugs for our young women. I noticed a few napkin scraps strewn about and continued to rummage through the closet when I was startled by a little grey mouse scurrying about on the middle shelf. Of course I jumped back to avoid the attack I was sure would soon ensue. I recruited some volunteers to find the creature, and we gingerly set about removing some of the debris the rodent left for us. The little devil avoided the licorice and Hugs, but shredded napkins and tissues, made a nest in the tissue box, and left droppings all over the shelf. Two gentlemen volunteered to catch the mouse, but as they tried to get him into the plastic bin, the mouse jumped to the floor and scurried inside the adjoining closet. We cleaned and sanitized the shelf, vacuumed the floor, removed the trash, scrubbed our hands and walked away hoping the mouse wouldn't return. It wasn't until after I returned home that I realized we forgot to post a "beware of rodent" sign on the adjoining closet. I suppose we won't be the only ones to be surprised by the contents of our closet.

2 comments:

Annica said...

ew!

Julie T said...

Any more recent sightings heard of after September one???