Monday, August 24, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane

My baby daughter, Sara, is leaving the nest and flying out into the world to seek her fortune. She departs September 9 for Cologne, Germany and will be employed as an au pair for 3 children. Her commitment is for one year. I'm just sure I'll have to visit her at least once while she's there. Then, as long as I'm in Germany, I might as well travel the rest of the European continent and re-visit places I first saw almost 30 years ago. It just wouldn't be fair to Sara if I only visited my Idaho-residing daughters and not her.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Nope it just wouldn't be fair! Rachelle was telling me about that. That's pretty cool and prob. a bit scary at the same time. How did she come to find this family to be an ai pair for them?

McIntire Madness said...

Whoohoo! So exciting, I hope you enjoy your trip.

Lindsey said...

That is such an incredible adventure for her! I'm really glad she's doing that. Time for you to start brushing up on your German :)

Noelle said...

I really hope you get to go visit her! That would be so amazing. She really will have an incredible adventure. I hope she learns German quickly!

Tim and Steph Ulrich said...

I completely agree. I can only hope Brock plans to leave the county to live so I can visit!