Thursday, November 19, 2009

Will Work for Food

I suppose it's no secret to my friends that I bribe my children. I don't really like to call it bribery; instead, I prefer to label it "motivation." My kids are motivated by food. Let's say that I want Mark to do his homework. He doesn't. Here's a typical conversation:

Me: "I have to run errands."

Mark: "Will you get me a 'Hearty Bowl' at Jack in the Box?"

Me: "I'll call you on my way home and see if your homework is done. If it is, I may get a Hearty Bowl for you."

I run errands. I call home. Fifty-percent of the time, the homework is done and I visit Jack. That leaves the other 50% of the time where I return home empty-handed to a cranky boy. Too bad, so sad.

So, Mark is motivated by JITB Hearty Bowls. And eggnog (with Sprite). Those are his current favorites. My other kids (at least the ones who currently reside with us) are motivated by:

SARA: guacamole and bacon and fries
ZACHARY: Jamba Juice

What will YOU work for?

6 comments:

Annica said...

Cafe Rio!

Stefanie Elyse said...

I'm with Zach- JAMBA JUICE!!! I will work for foot rubs, back rubs, my choice of movie for movie night, and DOVE chocolate :)

Lindsey said...

Quiznos chicken carbonara on wheat bread! I would do just about anything for that sandwhich!

Heather said...

My new favorite ice cream - Mint Moose Tracks. Yum.

Noelle said...

I'm totally with Zach too. Jamba Juice all the way. If ONLY they had those in the midwest! I will also work for peach or strawberry Haggen Daaz sorbet, dove chocolate or a great piece of cheesecake.

pinkfrostycookies said...

Cheesecake Factory, especially Bang Bang Chicken and Shrimp. Maybe now that I realize this, I can get myself to get a lot more work done tomorrow. Natalie, what will you work for?