Monday, February 1, 2010

Stinging Singing Lesson

"I was sitting in church yesterday and we were singing the closing song, and I had to hold the hymn book over my ear so I couldn't hear you messing up the last line," Sara told her father tonight at Family Home Evening.

She proceeded to tell him how he "messed up" by alternating between the bass, melody and alto parts and how he sang so loudly she couldn't even hear the music. "You messed up four times," she continued. She showed him the song in the hymn book, the particular half-note he missed, and sang the notes correctly for him to hear.

"Shall the youth of Zion falter? No!" Their parents might, though, especially when it comes to singing.

3 comments:

McIntire Madness said...

Good thing Sara doesn't participate in singing time for nursery! She would I'm sure plug her ears the entire time!

Anonymous said...

He said he was singing properly, but he wasn't. (Inside joke.)

Sara said...

He does this for every song. I cannot hear myself think over him.

Hey! Using HTML gets me wondering: are you using HTML for your italics and bolds? If so, I am very proud of you, Mom! If not, I am still proud of you but slightly less so.