Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Little Mix-up

I'm a member of the committee that provides refreshments for the monthly ICS PTSA meetings. After last month's meeting, the committee chair asked that more food be provided for April's meeting. I decided to make some sandwiches using Costco rolls and homemade curried chicken salad. I made 27.

I delivered the sandwiches to the school district headquarters where the meetings are usually held; however, the meeting room was dark and unoccupied. The receptionist directed me to another room. Turns out, it was the ICS finance committee meeting and there were 2 attendees. (The committee chair told me that the regular PTSA meeting had been postponed one week.) They expected a few (like 3) more people to show up. I couldn't take the sandwiches home, because I was heading to south Bellevue to take Sara to institute and wouldn't return for over 2 hours. I didn't think the sandwiches would be fit to eat after that, and besides, we don't eat bread (at least the kind that contains gluten). So, I left the sandwiches with the finance committee. 27 divided by 5 equals 5.4. I have a feeling each attendee did not eat 5.4 sandwiches.

The finance committee didn't seemed to mind, as the chair said, "Gee, this is the first time we've ever had refreshments at our meeting!" I told her to let me know when their next meeting would be held and I would deliver refreshments again. Not!

No comments: