Friday, February 15, 2008

75 Reasons Why I Love My 75-year-old Dad

My dad "turns" 75 on February 25. In honor of his big day, I've compiled a list of 75 reasons why I love him.

1. He is a great husband to my mom.
2. He is a hard worker.
3. He has a good sense of humor.
4. He laughs at his own jokes.
5. He is dependable.
6. He is resourceful.
7. He is smart.
8. He is clever.
9. He is a good conversationalist.
10. He goes the "extra mile" in whatever he does.
11. He is a fabulous grandpa to my children.
12. Even though he doesn't enjoy playing games, he'll play with me if I ask him to.
13. He can fix just about anything.
14. He used to help me with my homework.
15. He is compassionate.
16. He is self-disciplined.
17. He takes pride in a job well done.
18. He helped my sons complete some Cub Scout requirements.
19. He's "as cute as Dopey."
20. He's always "been there" for me when I've needed him.
21. He's generous with his time and talents.
22. He's affectionate.
23. He saved me from making an incredibly stupid mistake.
24. He repaired our garage when our truck ran through it.
25. He helped us design and build our patio roof.
26. He moved us from Issaquah to Redmond.
27. He built a padded guard for our fireplace hearth.
28. He prays for me.
29. He accompanied me to a "professional" wrestling match.
30. He expresses gratitude.
31. He was a very kind, loving and attentive son and son-in-law.
32. He wrote his personal history so we could learn more about his life.
33. He let my maternal grandma live with us.
34. He plays the piano.
35. He never gave me a curfew.
36. He humored me, helped me make a creative Valentine for a radio contest and drove me several miles to deliver it to the radio station.
37. He is nice to my friends.
38. He gives good advice.
39. He helped me win the 7th grade science fair.
40. He lives the gospel.
41. He has a testimony of Jesus Christ.
42. He never got drunk.
43. His laughter is contagious.
44. He helps my mom around the house.
45. He videotaped my kids when they were young.
46. He is a good friend to others.
47. He makes clever greeting cards.
48. He likes to play tricks on people.
49. He has very neat handwriting.
50. He is a good provider.
51. When I lived at home, he was always available when I needed him.
52. He is honest.
53. He enjoys little children.
54. He gave me priesthood blessings.
55. He expresses his love for me.
56. He is my cheerleader and showers me with praise (even when I feel I'm undeserving).
57. He let me use his special colored pencils.
58. He let me get a dog--a French poodle.
59. He tried to save my dog's life when she was run over by a motorcycle.
60. He keeps his word.
61. He has cute bow legs.
62. He treats me like a princess.
63. With the help of a few others, he did most of the work to convert a garage/chicken coop into a family lodge for all of our Pearson relatives to enjoy.
64. Sometimes he calls me from work just to check on me.
65. He shares his testimony with others.
66. He added a "chicken room" to make his home more accommodating for entertaining and family gatherings.
67. He works hard to keep his brothers and sisters a cohesive unit.
68. He attends his grandchildren's important events and sports games.
69. He is entertaining.
70. He traveled with our family to Disneyland.
71. He has attended each one of my children's baby blessings.
72. He has attended each one of my children's baptisms and has confirmed them.
73. He taught my boys to sing "You Are My Sunshine" for me.
74. When I visit him, he tries to program the water softener so it won't wake me up at night.
75. He is always well-groomed and neatly dressed.

1 comment:

Noelle said...

that is so sweet! Happy Birthday to your dad!