Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Big Boy is Almost 15!

My loving son, Zachary, turns 15 on Mother's Day. To honor my sweet son, here are 15 "fun facts" about Zach:

1. Zachary is one of the most polite boys I've ever known. He always remembers to express his gratitude to others.
2. He used to be quite naive. For example, one day I arrived a bit early to pick him up from preschool. I heard his teacher inform his classmate John's father that John had wet his pants during class. After Zach got in the car I asked, "Did John tinkle his pants at school?" Zach answered, "John didn't tinkle his pants; he just got water in his shoes."
3. Hanging out with his friends is one of his favorite activities. They love to play video games and watch movies.
4. Zachary never complains when I ask him to take out the trash.
5. He is a bottomless pit and could eat us out of house and home.
6. He has a luxurious head of curly, thick hair.
7. Zachary loves to read and is a great reader.
8. He had a fetish with his Lance's back, and loved to put his hands on Lance's bare back and say, "I love you back, Daddy!"
9. He would love to own lots of guns and be a hunter. Maybe when he leaves home and doesn't need his parents' permission, he will be able to realize his dreams.
10. He used to think he had two homes--ours and our next-door neighbor's. He'd show up at their house and announce, "I'm home!"
11. He has a silver streak "birthmark" in his hair.
12. He has never had a dental filling.
13. His feet are longer than his dad's.
14. He sleeps with a fan blowing on him all night.
15. Zach has completed all of the merit badges needed to earn his Eagle Scout award.

Happy Birthday, my big boy!

2 comments:

Noelle said...

Way to go Zach with the merit badges!! I love seeing 15 yr old boys who are polite and express gratitude. I'm sure he's going to love you for sharing that preschool story. :)

Julie T said...

Dear Pink Tiger,

Please tell Zach I hope he had a funtastic fifteenth birthday! Next year when he can drive at date, you will be the one sporting a silver streak in YOUR hair!