Sunday, June 29, 2008

Bad News, Good News

BAD NEWS: Rachelle and I had to purchase new cellphones yesterday because our old ones got ruined.
GOOD NEWS: We didn't drown when we (along with our cellphones) fell into Lake Washington.

BAD NEWS: Our neighbors' car windows were smashed out by someone hurling a large rock from a passing car.
GOOD NEWS: At least the police officer I spoke with on our street at 3:00 am didn't see that I wasn't wearing a bra.

BAD NEWS: Sara's feet are covered with several blisters.
GOOD NEWS: She looked very lovely in the pioneer dress she made for the Stake Youth Conference Pioneer Trek.

BAD NEWS: It is 94 degrees in our kitchen.
GOOD NEWS: I'm sitting in the basement where it's 10 degrees cooler.

BAD NEWS: We still haven't discovered the cause of Rachelle's bizarre health symptoms.
GOOD NEWS: She's lost 11 pounds since she's changed her diet to eat more healthfully.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Bad news: We live so far apart
Good news: We get to keep up with our friendship through blogs.

Thanks Natalie!

Noelle said...

Wow, Sara made her dress for trek? Kudos to her! I want to hear more about falling into Lake Washington! How did that happen?!

NatalieD said...

Rachelle went canoeing in the Arboretum, and it was my first time ever (unbelievably) being in a canoe. First of all, I assumed that one sits in a canoe the way one sits in a rowboat--facing each other, so that's the way I climbed in. When Rachelle told me that I needed to turn around, I held onto the dock to steady myself as I turned around. Bad idea. The canoe tipped, dumping us both into Lake Washington. It was hilarious, but we climbed back in and continued on our canoeing adventure. We drove home soaking wet.

Annica said...

So....you should buy a couple AC window units for the house. We have one...you won't regret it! Especially if you put it in the kitchen! :)

Stefanie Elyse said...

it was so fun to see you post again! Creative format this time around too! What a fun canoing adventure!