Monday, April 6, 2009

I Must Be Insane

Some famous person defined insanity as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result." Well, I must be insane then. I keep employing the same strategies (even multiple strategies, mind you) in the hopes of getting Mark to do his homework willingly, but to little or no avail. I'd have better luck getting the dog to do her homework. So here I sit at the computer trying to distract myself from getting involved in yet another homework battle. I hope to go to bed relaxed and ready for a good night's sleep.

2 comments:

McIntire Madness said...

So, what you are saying is that the battle of wills never ends! aaaaaahhhhh! I gearing up.

ellen insights said...

What grade is Mark in again? Confessions of a teacher: I grade less than half of the homework I give out because it is just too much paper work. I give homework everyday because I have discovered that parents like to have their children do homework and can feel like they are helping their child- and for the parents that do work with their children is does make a big difference, but I have discovered that the same children will always so their homework, and the same children will never. So I put more emphasis on test and class assignments because they show me what the child really knows. (At least that’s what I do) Well, enjoy your battle with Mark, and see it as a chance for you to be apart of his educational process.