Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Double Mix-up

Tuesday nights are "take-out" nights at our house. Sara has singing lessons in Woodinville at 5:00 pm and, since I'm her chauffeur, I take her. We're gone from 4:40 until 6:20. I wish I could say that I prepared a nice make-ahead meal every Tuesday morning, but I can't say it because I don't do it. I take the easy way out and get some sort of take-out food while we're in Woodinville.

Tonight we got our food from Taco Time where we are regulars. I ordered 2 crisp beef tacos without cheese, 8 regular crisp beef tacos and 2 large orders of Mexi Fries. Pretty straightforward and cheap. My order totalled just over $12. When we were about a mile from home Sara asked, "How many tacos did you order? There are only 3 in the bag. Did you get another bag?" No wonder I thought they were cheap. I only got 3 tacos plus the Mexi Fries.

Since there is also a Taco Time in our town, I dropped Sara off at home and headed to our local Taco Time to purchase more tacos. I placed my order and pulled up to the window to pay and get my food.

"That'll be $1.49," announced the cashier as she handed me a small bag.

"For 8 crisp beef tacos?" I asked.

"Oh, I thought you said 'a crisp beef taco!'" was her reply.

I asked her for 7 more, paid for all 8 and left with a small and large bag of tacos. I guess I need to work on my number enunciation.

1 comment:

Julie T said...

Yeah, you got that r-ate! (8)