Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I Recommend . . .

If you're going to "do" Disneyland and/or San Diego, here are a few of my favorite rides/attractions/hotels, etc. I've also tossed in a couple of things/establishments that I do not recommend. This is free advice.

RECOMMENDATIONS/FAVORITES:
*Disneyland fireworks ("When You Wish Upon A Star") through August. Position yourself on Main Street.
*Pirates of the Caribbean (my favorite ride), Splash Mountain, Matterhorn, Soaring Over California, Grizzly River Rapids, Haunted Mansion
*Castle Inn and Suites (on Harbor Blvd. within short walking distance to the Disney parks)
*Check at the Disneyland main entrance for a list of menu items that are designed for those with food allergies and sensitivities.
*Bring your own water to the park. And plenty of snacks.
*Buy souvenirs at the END of the day.
*New Orleans Square (my favorite area in Disneyland).
*Get "fast passes."
*Wear lots of sunscreen and a hat.
*BYOB (bring your own Band-aids).
*Comfortable shoes are a MUST!
*Hampton Inn on Pacific Highway in downtown San Diego!!! (Great rates and just across from the harbor)
*If you request a non-smoking room at a Best Western Inn, be sure to check the room before you pay.
*Use your AAA card whenever and wherever you can. (At Disneyland, you must purchase at least a 3-day Park Hopper pass in order to receive a discount.)
*Whole Foods catering service.
*Make sure your camera is in working order.
*Get to Disneyland early in the morning!

DO NOT RECOMMEND:
*Gluten-free hot dog and hamburger buns in Disney restaurants
*The famed El Indio restaurant on India Street in San Diego. (The Food Network was wrong!)
*Counting on Motel 6 to supply you with shampoo and/or conditioner and/or a hair blow-dryer.
*Leaving the interior lights on in your car overnight.
*Getting a hotel that is right next to the train tracks (unless it is Hampton Inn in San Diego).
*Waiting until late evening to enter Fantasyland.
*Riding dizzying rides if you're prone to dizziness or motion sickness.

2 comments:

Noelle said...

I totally ditto the good walking shoes and fast passes. Oh how I wish I were going to Disneyland sometime in the near future. I've never been to C. adventure!

McIntire Madness said...

I'll remember to call when we make a trip! I'm glad you had a good time.