Thursday, September 3, 2009

C.O.P.

Rest assured, I didn't get arrested. C.O.P. stands for Change Of Plans. Who's plans? Sara's plans. Here's the scoop.

Sara was all set to go to Germany. Her plane ticket was procured. (This involved a painful process that had us cashing in some of our precious "frequent flyer" miles. Then we learned that we needed to change the ticket as the final destination was the wrong city. A bit of miscommunication there. We had to pay an additional $189.70 to switch the ticket.) Items were purchased that she needed/wanted to take with her. Suitcases were in position to be packed. Etc.

A couple of days ago (Monday to be exact) Sara received an email from the German lady who was employing her. It seems that said lady thought Sara wouldn't be a good fit for the family as she questioned Sara's honesty about procuring the airplane ticket. There were a few other issues, and the lady "revealed" that they still had an au pair in their employ who was to remain with them until January. This little fact was unknown to us prior to Monday.

Sara replied to the email and cleared up any issues the lady had about her. It seems that she had a change of heart and sent Sara another message stating that they were grateful for her "honesty" and Sara was still welcome in their home on a "trial basis" to see if she and their family would be a "good fit." Details were outlined for various scenarios based on fit with the family.

After a lot of thought and prayer, Sara decided yesterday to decline the offer and stay put. She's planning to enroll in Bellevue College. Fall quarter begins Sept. 21. I.K.Y.P. (I'll keep you posted.) Oh, and, by the way, we had to pay another $150 to get the frequent flyer miles added back into our account.

5 comments:

Noelle said...

Wow, that is quite the change of plans. Well I am sure everything will turn out in the end. Sorry about the lost f.f miles. Anyway to get the ticket refunded?

Stefanie Elyse said...

Wow, that is a lot going on! Flights are always tricky, especially when using miles. I loved my time at BCC, I wonder how much the school has changed now that it is just BC!

McIntire Madness said...

Bummer!

Julie T said...

Ohmigosh! Lemme at her! The employer, I mean...I'm not sure I would work for her after pulling something like that. I hope Sara doesn't get too discouraged with the flaky human race!

Cindy and Lane said...

Wow, that is weird I wonder if Heavenly Father was proetecting sara some how with the au pair job. I am happy she will be going to school.