Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The "G" Family

We recently got together with our good friends and former neighbors, the "G" family--parents John and Cindy, and kids Andrew, Jennifer and Jessica. We've shared many fun and not-so-fun times (like our mutual lice experience) over the years. Sara and Jessica once got into mischief that involved the police.
Rachelle and Jennifer still "hang out" whenever they get the chance and remain very close friends.
Whenever I tell Zach that I'm visiting with his "best friend," he'll ask, "Cindy?" Cindy and I used to swap babysitting. She'd watch Sara and Zachary one day a week while I ran errands, and I watched Jessica another day while she did the same. Zach felt like their home was his home and would often walk into their house and announce, "Cindy, I'm home!" Other times he would sneak in unannounced. He enjoyed playing video games with DooDoo (Andrew). He once had a belching contest with John.
Cindy and I visited Andrew and Annica's fourth grade classroom (with preschoolers Jessica and Sara in tow) while the students were very quitely busy with a Halloween activity. Sara loudly proclaimed, "I love you, Andrew!"
Jessica is studying at a beauty school and needs practice cutting hair. Mark was a willing subject. Here is the "after" picture.
We love this family, but don't get to see them often enough. Cindy currently lives and works in Doha, Qatar and comes home every 12 weeks or so.





1 comment:

Jenny said...

I love both of these families :)