Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Should I Do It?

Many people have told me that I "should write a book." Not just any book, mind you. A book filled with anecdotes about my children--actually, one child in particular. I could do that. People might even buy it.

What I really should do is to write a book that includes anecdotes about all of my children. However, my offspring would be embarrassed, to say the least, to read what I wrote about them. Some of the stories would be stranger than fiction. Trust me.

I toy with the idea of writing the book under an assumed name and changing the names of my kids to "protect the innocent" (or the "guilty" as the case may be).

(One chapter could be about the essays some of my darlings have written. Just tonight, one youngish boy of mine wrote a paragraph about how seeing things burn gives him a calm, tranquil feeling. I'm a little worried that, should an arson occur close to our home, my boy might be considered a "person of interest.")

Back to the subject at hand: should I write the book?

7 comments:

Jenny said...

I think you should write it!!! I'd read it.

Noelle said...

Oh yes! You have such a gift for writing and some of the funniest stories I've heard. Please do!

Heather said...

I've always thought so. You are a phenomenal writer with awesome material. Go for it!

Stefanie Elyse said...

Yes, yes, YES! But I'll only buy it if you'll sign my copy :) You have so much experience and wisdom to share. Write a book, and write it TODAY!

Lindsey said...

I would buy that book in a heartbeat!

Doreen said...

No brainer N! you should! I'd buy it and have you sign it. Maybe even have your kids sign my favorite story of them.
D

Preston and Kristin said...

There are at least a few Christmas songs that mention the calming feeling that comes while watching things (chestnuts, logs, etc) burn. I wouldn't be TOO worried...maybe just a little bit. Write the book!