Friday, January 8, 2010

Call Screening

Because we have "caller I.D.," we screen our calls. Rest assured that we answer calls from everyone we know but don't answer most calls from solicitors or callers with unknown numbers. When the phone rang this evening, the caller I.D. showed "FFFF" (Feature Films for Families). I get way too many calls from them, and I get tired of giving the same answers to the same questions to the same guy. (I hope none of you know him.)

Sara was closest to the phone when it rang, so I asked, "Who is it?"

"FFFF," she replied.

"At least it isn't the KKK," Mark quipped.

4 comments:

Tim and Steph Ulrich said...

oh, a nice reminder that is could always be worse!

Steve and Holly said...

I've had enough of FFFF that I might rather have a call from the KKK! (JK!)

pinkfrostycookies said...

I have also had a lot of calls from FFFF. Thank goodness for caller ID!

Call Screening said...

Nice phone feature for letting those silly solicitors get the message: "Do not Disturb!!!!!"