Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Music Appreciation

Yesterday I received an email--the second of its kind--from Mark's 5th grade teacher. She requested that we talk with Mark about his behavior during music class. Allegedly Mark refused to participate, telling the music teacher, "Why should I participate when I have no future in music?" Mark was sent to the office to fill out a "Think Sheet" explaining his inappropriate behavior and providing a plan for improvement. He brought the sheet home for us to review and sign. I also required Mark to write a 10-sentence apology note to his music teacher before I would serve him his favorite lemon roasted chicken dinner. I explained to him (and "made" him put this in the note) that he DID, in fact, have a future in music. He protested, and I continued, "You will have a future in music. You'll be singing the Blues if you don't cooperate and behave in school." Of course, I had to include an explanation on what "singing the Blues" meant. He didn't find it at all amusing.

2 comments:

Noelle said...

That's hilarious. Where does he come up with them? For all he knows, he's gonna be the ward chorister at BYU. :)

Julie T said...

Or on his mission! I think I need a few of those Think Sheets around the house...Do you think you could snag a few extra for me?