Monday, March 3, 2008

Surprise Birthday Trip

Last week I took a trip to surprise my dear old dad.
It was his birthday, and I wanted to make him glad.
It was hard to keep the secret from being leaked to him,
But he didn't catch the clues since his hearing's growing "dim."
Annica and Josh were also in on the surprise.
We arrived at the same time. You should have seen Dad's eyes.
He's never at a loss for words and said something funny:
"Why did you come? You should have just sent me the money!"
We partied for days with family members and friends.
I am sure my papa thought, "I hope this never ends."
We went up in the mountains and took a horse-drawn ride.
We saw a herd of elk; a nice rancher was our guide.
We had Dad's birthday dinner; he got a new "laptop."
We dined out and played cards, but the fun soon had to stop.
I hopped back on the airplane and headed to my home.
My trip was quickly finished, and now so is my poem!




1 comment:

Noelle said...

Sounds like my kind of surprise trip! I wish I could go surprise my dad for his birthday!