Thursday, April 17, 2008

Princess of the Nut Tree Farm

My little "Princess of the Nut Tree Farm," aka Sara, just turned 18. She is a very unique young lady and deserves a special blog post devoted just to her. So, in honor of her 18th birthday, here is a list of 18 fun facts about Princess Sara.

1. She has several nicknames--a few we've given her and several she's given herself. The one I like best is one I named her: Ladybug. For a few years, she had a string of names she wrote between her first and last names: Nightingale Captain Rose Marie Amelia Isabelle Franklin Roosevelt Teddy Roosevelt Lance Myrna.
2. She loves sushi, cheeseburgers, pizza, quesadillas, nachos and salt.
3. She is a self-taught pianist, seamstress, reader, bike-rider.
4. She is fluent in Spanish and is teaching herself to read, write and speak Japanese.
5. She is good at taking tests, and aced both the WASL and ACT.
6. She does a very thorough job of cleaning when she decides to clean.
7. She prefers straight to curly hair.
8. She has a very flexible body.
9. She is extremely graceful.
10. She is extremely, extremely creative and artistic.
11. She's had two metatarsal osteotomies (bunion removal).
12. She likes to compose songs.
13. She likes to write poetry and plays.
14. She likes to sing, dance and act.
15. Her favorite school subject is psychology.
16. She loves to watch Disney movies and mysteries.
17. She enjoys rock climbing.
18. She is my only child that necessitated a call to Poison Control.

How I love my Princess!!!

4 comments:

Annica said...

Sara has a lot of talents! I hope she uses them more when she leaves the house!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Livros e Revistas, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://livros-e-revistas.blogspot.com. A hug.

Julie T said...

I have to admit, I know less about Sara than almost anyone in your family! I will be very interested to watch her metamorphosis as well!

Stefanie Elyse said...

WOW! Sarah is 18? That happened fast! I am most impressed by the "read, write and speak Japanese" part!