Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A "Little" Thing Can Be A "Big" Deal!

While running errands yesterday afternoon, I heard something hit the car and then it sounded like something was dragging underneath it. I was just a few yards from my first destination, so when I got there, I looked underneath and could see nothing. As I proceeded to my next destination, the noise became louder and the car became more difficult to drive--like something was preventing the wheels from revolving properly. I pulled off on a side street and again checked under the car. I saw nothing. I knew it would drive no further so I called Lance and we decided to contact AAA. I was a little anxious about how the rest of my errands and evening plans would unfold due to this unforseen complication. Because I was blocking the driveway to a house, I had to move the car a few feet forward. I put it in gear and proceeded to inch forward when I heard a pop. Suddenly the car seemed like it was back to a normal driveable condition. I again got out and again checked underneath. I saw a very small rock and picked it up. It was hot to the touch. Aha! I found the culprit. A very small rock had become lodged somewhere in an important place and caused me a great deal of trouble--at least temporarily. Is there a life lesson here?

3 comments:

McIntire Madness said...

Life lesson for sure. Don't let the little things slow you down, just keep driving! hehe

Tim and Steph Ulrich said...

This exact thing happened to Tim and I! At first I thought someone had mistaken me for a newlywed and tied cans to my car. Glad yours popped right out. We had to take our to the dealer!

Julie T said...

You were blessed. Seriously blessed! It could have been SO much worse! I am grateful you are safe and easily spared a lot of grief and expense this once! :)