Saturday, March 7, 2009

Never A Dull Moment . . .

. . . and I'm beginning to crave "dull moments!" I'm freezing cold right now! It's in the 30-degree range outside but we have to have our windows wide open to air out all the smoke in our house. Zachary put a bag of popcorn in the microwave and it caught fire. What alerted us was our usually annoying kitchen smoke alarm. The alarm started blaring and rather than checking to see WHY it was making noise, Zachary tried to stop the alarm instead of checking for the source of the fire. Lance came to the rescue, put out the fire and turned off the alarm. Now he's coughing and our house is smoke-filled.

This incident reminds me of another time my house was smoke-filled. It happened over 25 years ago and it involved one of my roommates and her boyfriend. I'll leave it at that in case the offending party (whom I love dearly) reads this blog.

2 comments:

Julie T said...

I'm sorry! That odor takes a LONG time to dissipate!

Noelle said...

Yeah there's nothing worse than the smell of smoke in your house. I lived with that all last year in my apartment.