Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Thank-you Fight

"Thank you, again, Mom," Mark said after I bought a fast-food meal at the Golden Arches today (bunless burgers and grilled chicken salad, of course).

"Why do you always have to have the last word, Mark?" asked Zachary.

This started a thank-you "fight" of sorts between Sara, Zachary and Mark, with "thank-yous" being flung fast-paced at me. Since the expressions were zinging so quickly, I mostly can't remember who said what, but the comments went something like this:

"Thank you, again, again."

"Thanks, Mom. Oh, I can't remember if I said 'thank you,' so thank you again."

"Thanks for saying 'you're welcome,' Mom."

"Thanks for thanking Mom for saying 'you're welcome.'"

"I forgot again whether or not I said 'thank you,' so thank you."

Then Sara said, "I'm going to be mature about this and not feel the need to get in the last word, but thank you, Mom."

Of course, Mark had to add, "Thanks for putting up with all of this, Mom."

It was all in good fun. I think.

No comments: