Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Survey

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Bags! I'm NOT a good gift-wrapper (just ask my sister).
.2. Artificial or real tree? I prefer real for the smell but artificial for the functionality and the lack of dried pine needles. (We have an artificial one.)
3. When do you put up a tree? A few days after Thanksgiving unless we're being audited by the IRS and have to wait until mid-December.
4. When do you take it down? When I feel like it. Gosh.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but mixed with ginger ale or Sprite.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Either a Chrissy doll or a stereo, but I received a handmade cedar chest from Blake when I was about 20 that I love!!! I was also excited to receive my first pair of pantyhose when I was 9.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes.
8. Mail or email cards? Mailed newsletter.
9. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Pikette's clothing--any and all.
10. Favorite Christmas movie? Muppet Christmas Carol.
11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Right after Christmas for the next year.
12. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I think not, though I may have wanted to on occasion.
13. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Homemade caramels, ham and gluten-filled treats I can no longer eat.
14. Lights on the trees? Yes
15. Favorite Christmas song? O, Come All Ye Faithful; O, Holy Night; Angels We Have Heard on High; Good King Wenceslas (almost all, actually)
16. Worst Christmas song? Livin' in a Latte-wonderland (You have to live in the Great State of Coffee to understand this.)
17. Travel at Christmas or staying home? Travel 5 miles to Woodinville on Christmas Eve and stay home Christmas Day.
18. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Yes, and I even remember Olive, the other reindeer.
19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star or angel--which ever comes out of the Christmas box first.
20. Open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas day? Both
21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Holiday stress
22. Favorite thing about the Christmas season? Sights, sounds, smells, tastes of Christmas; and getting cards and newsletters from family and friends. Plus all of the Christmas stories . . . too many things to mention.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Vintage, and every color.
24. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? Clam chowder (Christmas Eve) and ham for Christmas dinner.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Nothing that can be wrapped and put under a tree. All the things I want are intangible!

No comments: