Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

This is 15-year-old Zachary. He is a handsome boy. He is a nice boy. He's even very polite. Before tonight, his hair was wild, curly and untamed. His parents had many discussions with him about his curly locks. Zach was fond of his tresses. Although his mother (me) loved to run her fingers through his hair, she wasn't fond of her son's scraggly looks. His father also frequently mentioned his desire that Zach's hair be shortened. Zach resisted. He resisted until he wanted a certain XBOX game. The parents agreed that they would purchase the game IF they could cut Zach's hair. Zach consented IF the parents would also sweeten the deal by buying a "cool" baseball cap for him. The baseball cap arrived in the mail this week. The mother cut the son's hair tonight.

Which look do you like best? The after (above) or before (below) picture?




7 comments:

Stefanie Elyse said...

Oh. My. Gosh. It looks SO SO SO much better! I always prefer short hair on boys :) And, good job on the haircut itself- it looks nice. Catchy title too.. you're very punny :)

Heather said...

Easy - the after! But how fast does his hair grow?

Nikki Hawkes said...

He looks like a missionary! :-)

Tiersha said...

I don't want to step on any toes, but I have to say I'm a fan of the longer hair. My littlest brother has this tight curly hair that just fros and we always beg my mom not to cut it. But parents always win the hair wars it seems!

Unknown said...

He's precious either way! What a doll...

Annica said...

I liked the shag when it was shorter. I don't like him in "missionary style" hair either.

pinkfrostycookies said...

After...very handsome! Well done bargaining.