Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful!

I try to have a grateful heart all year long and not just on Thanksgiving. I enjoy noticing small blessings and "tender mercies" that God grants me on a daily basis. Of course, I'm grateful for the all of the "big" blessings--faith, family, friends, but I am appreciative of the "small" things, too.

Here is a small sampling of some of the "little" things that cause my heart to be happy and grateful.

*Getting a good parking space in a very crowded Costco parking lot.
*Staying healthy when others around me are ill.
*Being able to share Thanksgiving with all of my immediate family (including my married daughter and son-in-law).
*Mark's wonderful report card and positive parent-teacher conference.
*Finding a good gluten-free, dairy-free pumpkin pie recipe.
*Buying one of the last 5 pre-brined turkeys at Trader Joe's.
*Receiving notes and letters from friends.
*School teachers who understand my children's unique needs.
*Lower gas prices.
*Finding just the "right" gift.
*Knowing I am loved.

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!

1 comment:

Julie T said...

Lovely thoughts! Tell me, how did you like your pre-brined turkey?? I am very grateful that you all would take the time on a busy weekend to come to our Open House!!
It was so fun to show you around and to see Josh and Annica to boot!