Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Buy One, Break Some Free

During my grocery shopping excursion yesterday, I noticed a display of a new kind of salad dressing--miso salad dressing to be exact. Since my friend Jeanne raved about her Miso Seafood Salad at CPK last week, I decided to surprise her with a bottle of the miso dressing. As I lifted one bottle off the shelf, the entire shelf collapsed spilling every single glass bottle onto the floor. Several bottles shattered and splattered my shoes with the yellow fragrant dressing. The accident was loud and embarrassing. The incident occurred next to the in-store pharmacy, and a male pharmacy technician rushed to my aide carrying a plethora of paper towels. As I reached for the paper towels and bent to wipe my shoes and the floor, the technician said that he would clean it up and asked me to not move so he could wipe any glass shards off my feet. There were no glass shards, but there was a lot of dressing. If Jeanne likes the dressing, she'll have to shop elsewhere to find another bottle as I broke every bottle in sight.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow! Sorry that happened to you (but it was funny to read)! Did this happen at QVC? If so, too bad the hot store employee (that I used to have a crush on) didn't rush to help you with the clean-up! LOL!

Stefanie Elyse said...

Oh my gosh! What a disaster!!! Good story though :)

McIntire Madness said...

Those kind of experiences occur in my nightmares!

Julie T said...

I've always feared that would happen to me, but as of yet it hasn't...thanks for taking that one on for several of us!!!