Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Lousy Day

I penned the following poem for a friend who found herself nit-picking. Maybe some of you can relate to her lousy situation.

A LOUSY DAY
By Natalie D. (with apologies to Dr. Seuss)

I am a mom; a mom am I.
Today I thought that I might die.
I found some lice in my kids’ hair.
They almost heard me curse and swear.
I do not want that nasty louse;
I do not want him in my house.
I do not want his kids or wife,
I do not need them in my life.
I do not want them in our heads,
I do not want them in our beds.
I do not want our heads to itch,
Or I might turn into a witch.
I don’t want to shampoo with Nix
Or comb through hair with metal picks.
I don’t want to turn away friends.
Oh, how I hope that this soon ends!
My kids don’t want their toys in bags.
The thought of lice just makes me gag.
Washing more laundry isn’t fun.
I don’t wish this on anyone!
Get out of here, you nasty lice!
If you return, you’ll pay the price!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Very clever Natalie. I hope never to find a louse in my house!

Stefanie Elyse said...

That was FABULOUS :)

pinkfrostycookies said...

Cute poem! I hope my previous lousy clinical encounters exempts me from home invasions.