Thursday, September 25, 2008

Marvelous Melanie is 40!

My "baby" sister Melanie is celebrating her 40th birthday today. In fact, she chose to spend her birthday 800 miles from her home--here with us. To honor Melanie's milestone, here are 40 fun facts and things I admire about her:
1. She is a very giving lady.
2. She loves my children to pieces and is an amazing aunt!
3. Creativity flows through her veins. She makes fabulous cards and scrapbooks.
4. She makes cards for me to share with my "card swap" pals.
5. She is a fashionista and even dresses up to go to the grocery store.
6. Purple is her favorite color.
7. She's engaged to a wonderful man, Greg.
8. She'll acquire the title "stepmom" soon and already loves Greg's boys.
9. Traveling is one of her loves.
10. Country/western is her music of choice.
11. I used to "do" her hair in pigtails, and she always looked cute.
12. She has one dimple.
13. I used to tease her about her "baby" toes.
14. She loves eating at restaurants.
15. Cooking is one of her talents.
16. She has a good sense of humor.
17. She is a great hostess and enjoys entertaining.
18. Family is very important to her and she keeps in touch with relatives.
19. Children love her.
20. She is helpful to our parents.
21. She gets along well with people of all ages.
22. She is sensitive to the needs of others.
23. We went on a fun trip to Sweden together a few years ago.
24. She witnessed the birth of my daughter Sara even though she was quite squeamish.
25. She loves talking and texting on her cellphone.
26. She was very loving and attentive to our grandparents.
27. At age 8, she was kissed by a chimpanzee.
28. She is terrified of birds.
29. She treated my foster daughter just as well as she treated my children.
30. The first time she attempted to put contacts in her eyes she fainted.
31. Attending plays, musicals and concerts is something she really enjoys.
32. She has more clothing in her closets than I've ever owned in my life, but she shares her wardrobe with me occasionally.
33. Her chocolate chip cookies are her specialty.
34. She is very kind and friendly to my friends, and they often end up becoming her friends.
35. She loves to watch "Dancing with the Stars."
36. Tom Selleck is her "secret" crush.
37. She was never a "mean girl."
38. She LOVES wearing jewelry and perfume.
39. She collects dolls--especially Madame Alexander dolls.
40. She is an amazingly wonderful sister, and I love her very much!!!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Ahhh sweet! You are an amazingly creative sister! Thanks for letting me spend my 40th with you! I couldn't think of a better place to be on my birthday than with you and your family! Thanks for being such a great hostess! I love you!

Noelle said...

How sweet! I hadn't heard about the engagement, so please tell her a BIG congratulations from me! :)

Nikki Hawkes said...

Amen! :-)

pinkfrostycookies said...

What a great list for an even greater person. You painted a very accurate picture of your sister. I want to hear more about that chimp incident.

Preston and Kristin said...

Yes, I knew about everything on the list except for the chimp kissing and #30 (which also happened to me, darn contacts). I also wanted to say how impressed I was by the school birthday sign. Nice work! I'm taking notes.