Thursday, September 18, 2008

Rational Eyes

One of Mark's favorite snacks (and he has few) is Shredded Beef Taquitos made by Delimex. Our grocery store of choice no longer carries these, but sells chicken taquitos (which Mark won't eat) and steak taquitos (which Mark tolerates). This morning Mark's breakfast consisted of steak taquitos. He heated five but only ate three. I entered the kitchen just as he was disposing of the remaining two; he claimed that they tasted funny and made him sick. He quickly interrupted my, "Please don't waste . . ." sentence by saying, "Mom, the rats need food. I need to respect the creatures at the dump. I'm just showing mercy!" How could I argue with that?

4 comments:

Noelle said...

Ha ha ha. Cracks me up. How old is he again?

NatalieD said...

He's 11--sometimes going on 20, sometimes going on 2.

Stefanie Elyse said...

Leave it to Mark :)

Stefanie Elyse said...

What is this "job?" You can't just leave me hanging like that! More info please???